Just a reminder about the upcoming Farm to School Trainings; the first one will be this Friday, January 10 in Jackson, MS. Growers and School Nutrition Directors are invited to attend!
Mississippi Market Ready
Mississippi Market Ready Training is back with a Farm-to-School training. These new trainings will be half-day trainings for producers and nutritionists. This half-day training teaches producers how to sell to schools and teaches schools how to buy from producers. Mississippi Market Ready: Farm-to-School includes an explanation of school programs, GAP and insurance requirements, supply of fresh products, and delivery specifications. Training will conclude with a step-by-step How to Buy Guide and a question and answer panel.
Workshops will begin at 9, but doors will open one hour early for registration and refreshments. Lunch and training materials will be provided. Please register one week in advance to ensure lunch and training materials.Download the flyer.
- January 10: Jackson, MS Ag & Forestry Museum, Ethnic Building
- January 24: Hattiesburg, Extension Conference Center
- February 7: Verona, North Mississippi Research and Extension Center
- February 21: Cleveland, Bolivar County Extension Conference Center
- Ken Hood, Mississippi State University: Extension Service
- Paige Manning, Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce
- Priscilla Ammerman, Mississippi Department of Education: Office of Healthy Schools
- Kevin Riggin, Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce
|8:30 am||Doors Open for Registration and Refreshments|
|9:00-9:15 am||Introduction||Ken Hood|
|9:15-9:45 am||School Programs (DoD & Local)||Paige Manning & Priscilla Ammerman|
|9:45-10:15 am||GAP/Quality/Insurance||Kevin Riggin|
|10:30-11:00 am||Supply/Production/Delivery||Ken Hood|
|11:00-11:30 am||Step-by-Step How to Buy Guide||Priscilla Ammerman|
|12:00-12:15 pm||Follow-up||Ken Hood|
|12:15-12:45 pm||Question and Answer Panel||All Presenters|