In this Issue:
- Arbor Day and Planting the Right Tree by John Kushla
- Initial Steps in Managing Hardwood Plantations Under CRP by Randy Rousseau
- 4th Quarter 2018 Mississippi Timber Price Report by Marc Measells
- Delta Hardwood Notes: What is a high grade? by Brady Self
As always, we hope you find this issue interesting and informative!
Click here to view and download!
Want to read our previous issues? Click here!
Pine Needles, Compliance Survey BMPs, Delta Hardwoods, Mississippi Timber Price Report – AND – videos on two of the newsletter articles with links to them.
Hope you find them interesting and informative! Click HERE to read and watch!
Check out these areas of interest:
- Delta Hardwood Notes
- What About Cherrybark?
- Mississippi Timber Price Report
- Changes in the Mississippi Logging Force 1996 – 2016 (Click HERE to look at the June issue).
In this issue are articles on Spring Blooming Trees in Mississippi; The White Fringe Tree and Emerald Ash Borer (EAB), and Delta Hardwoods: Inspecting Your New Plantation – as well as the 1st Quarter 2017 Mississippi Timber Price Report. Check it out at this LINK.
NOT a surprise for the December Issue; the feature article is Christmas trees of Mississippi by John Kushla!
Other articles include:
- Mississippi forest biomass best management practices guidelines by Randy Rousseau
- Reintroducing mixed-stand management to Mississippi by John Willis
- Mississippi timber price report by James Henderson
- Delta hardwood notes: Ips beetles in the Delta by Brady Self
Click on this LINK to read the PDF.
Some good reading in this quarter’s newsletter at this LINK.
Catch the adventure of the 2016 TCW! Learn what you need to know about the soils in your own backyard and how important they are to the health of your trees. Read the latest installment of Delta Hardwoods, and check out the upcoming events from Forestry Extension. Click on this LINK to have a look!
Money in Pine Straw?? What’s new on the Southern Pine Bark Beetle? More bottomland hardwood management questions & answers. Timber Price Report, and upcoming events. Have a look – click on this LINK
Articles you will find in this quarter’s newsletter cover subjects about the survival or extinction of the American chestnut tree, best management practices for water diversion structures, the second part of problems with managing hardwood plantations — and yes, the answer to the “Mystery of the Yellow Bush”. Click the post and then the live LINK to read them all.
In this edition, read about the benefits of having a management plan for your woodland property, the 2015 Teacher’s Conservation Workshop, Problems with managing hardwood plantations, and a “mystery”. Click on the post and then the live LINK to read them all.