Led by qualified instructors from the Mississippi State University Extension Service an the professional Arborist Association of Mississippi, this short course is designed to provide students with a basic knowledge of arboriculture. As a result of attending this course, students will be well-prepared to take the Certified Arborist Exam. The short course will employ a webinar format with class interaction occurring through email and chatroom. Many students will be professional tree workers; however, Master Gardeners, Master Urban Foresters, Master Naturalists, and anyone interested in trees are welcome to enroll.
- Urban Soils (November 17 – John Kushla):http://msues.adobeconnect.com/p2ifnyx8cyb/
- Tree Biology (November 19 – Jason Gordon):http://msues.adobeconnect.com/p3i8ir8dm7i/
- Proper Tree Pruning (December 1 – Jeff Wilson):http://msues.adobeconnect.com/p18pib75gco/
- Urban Forest Risk Management (December 3 – Brian Templeton):http://msues.adobeconnect.com/p5sh27dr0ge/
- Tree Disease/Pest Diagnosis and Treatment (December 8 – Clarissa Balbalian & Donna Beliech):http://msues.adobeconnect.com/p84hejy7h4x/
- Safe Work Practices in Arboriculture (December 10 – Archie Dickens*):https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2upd1ybpwc9m06b/AACw2t__Zwu7yqYWtfKgeRy5a?dl=0
- Tree Installation, Proection, & Construction Zones (December 15 – Stephen Dicke): http://msues.adobeconnect.com/p2otdbm5fsm/