WORKSHOP: TIMBER TAX TIPS
Date: February 18, 2014 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Location: Ezra Garner Memorial Market Building, 26 Airport Road, Prentiss, MS
Registration: Call the Jeff Davis County Extension Office at
(601) 792-5121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND, PLEASE R.S.V.P. BY FEBRUARY 17TH
The program will review federal income tax reporting tips to assist forest landowners and their advisors in filing their 2013 income tax returns.
Topics to be covered:
- Timber Basis and Timber Depletion Deductions
- Timber Sales
- Timber Management Expenses
- Reforestation Costs
- Cost-share Payments on Form 1099-G
- Timber Casualty and Theft Losses
Instructors: Dr. James Henderson, Dr. Jason Gordon, MSU Forestry Extension